Sunday, March 23, 2014

About Me

I am a nearly-thirty year old woman who loves all things crafty: sewing, knitting, painting, building, foxes... 
I have been sewing since I was a child, although it's only been in the past few years that I've actually gotten fairly good at it - I've even taught two people how to sew (with patterns and zippers and everything!). I have also been painting, drawing and yarn-crafting for years. In addition to all of this, I have been sloooowly building a jewelry design and craft business (SERO|Creates.bigcartel.com - website in progress). 

Enough of the boring stuff :). Here are some (sort-of) interesting things about me*:
1. I have two different-colored eyes! It's one of my many mutant powers...

2. My wedding dress was purple - I look awful in light colors and wouldn't consider a white dress. We also jumped over a sword at our wedding because duh! Sword!

3. I am a BIG fantasy nerd, but I don't read much of the sword and sorcery types. I'm more of a Dianna Wynne Jones or Jasper Fforde (sci-fi and fantasy, hawt) type of lady. In pursuit of fantasy I have met Charles de Lint and seen (and stood quite close to) Jim Butcher and Terry Pratchett. It is my current goal to attend the Fforde Ffiesta in a few years and attend FaerieCon West next year.

4. I am one of those mad cat-lady types who will counter your stories of children with stories about my cats. I love that every cat has its own neurotic tendencies - it keeps us on our toes. 

5. I have moved across the country twice. Once from Oregon to Virginia and then from Virginia to Idaho. I have also moved house approximately 8 times in ten years. In one year we lived in three different states! This is due to my rambling nature - I have a hard time settling down.

6.  I fractured my skull when I was 14 and almost needed surgery to remove a blood clot from my brain. Semi-related to this injury, I had headaches every day for 10 years (from 18-28)! I still get headaches but they are easier to manage, most of the time, and don't happen every day. 

7. My dream job would be jewelry designer/artist by day and jazz singer by night. It could still happen.

8. Even though #5 is true (about the ramblin') my hubs and I are house hunting. It is exciting and not very fun (you get used to a lot of rejection and missed opportunities. It is the most adult thing I've ever done) and also really scary. Sometimes I suggest we just live in a motor home instead. Or a yurt. As long as there is room for my two sewing machine tables and our futon I'm happy. 

9. I am a big lover of the parenthetical remark (as you may have noticed). 

This blog will (hopefully) be more interesting than the list ^_^.  

*Updated 4/4 because I remembered more interesting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment