Saturday, April 5, 2014

In which yarn is demanded


This is not my baby.

Please go to www.tincanknits.com and check out their awesome seamless knitting patterns. Okay. I had to get that out of the way so I don't feel bad about using the picture.
Caveat: they look awesome and simple. Once I've made a couple I might change my mind, but I doubt it. I trust my fellow knitsters on Ravelry, and they have made some nifty first sweaters using this pattern. 

It seems I am surrounded by an abundance of babies and I am an APPALLING aunty who has not made any warm knitted goods for any of these tots. Now that I'm working part-time again, I actually have time for the fun stuff: knitting, painting, getting my jewelry business back up and running (more on that later. Like, when I actually have space to work!) 

Since it's been a while since I've knitted (I was doing a lot of crocheting last year), and since this is my FIRST EVER sweater, I picked a supposedly easy pattern that is a top-down, seamless, raglan-style sweater with an interesting sleeve detail that is also FREE. I'm a cheapskate with my patterns. 

I've been scouring Ravelry for patterns to whet my knitting appetite and the Tin Can Knits Simple Collection seems like a great place to start. Plus, that high I was on from the ceramic painting has worn off and I need to get crafty soon or I may just become one with my mattress and never rise again. Bleh. Anyway (get to the point, self), I plan on making a couple of these in small-sprog sizes, one purple and one blue. After that, if it is an easy/great pattern I'll probably make a couple more for other soon-to-be babies. I might even (gasp!) branch out to adult sizes. Who knows? 

Of course there will be pictures, including progress pics. I might even throw in some cat pics because cats. If I can get them there will even be pictures of the sweaters on their recipients. We'll see. My nephew is a speedy little demon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment